Thank you for your interest in working at the Petersen Automotive Museum. Resumes can be delivered to the Museum one of three ways:
To submit your resume for consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not call or email museum staff directly, non-compliance will result in your resume being disregarded.
Petersen Automotive Museum
Attn: Human Resources
6060 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
If you are a student interested in volunteer internships, please go to our volunteer page for more information.
The Petersen Automotive Museum is in the most exciting time of its 20-year history. Major plans to renovate the museum are under way with a spectacular vision and new architecture for 2015. In an effort to maintain and grow significant relevance in our industry, the Petersen is seeking a talented, full time, in-house Marketing Director to join our growing marketing department.
Under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Marketing Director will provide creativity, insight, and project management supporting numerous programs and initiatives building the museum's overall offering. A significant focus will be paid to partnership marketing as the museum grows its relationships with auto manufacturers, brands and other partners and supporters. The successful candidate must have relevant experience working in sponsorships and managing partner company relationships.
This individual must be a compelling written and oral communicator, generator of creative, doable ideas, and project manager, capable of presenting work to senior executives and collaborating with appropriate teams. Effective communication with partners is a must. Ability to think three moves ahead is critical to success in this position. Our ideal candidate has some experience in working with automotive content (but not mandatory), has an understanding of automotive industry from collectors to new autos, is an ambitious self-starter and willing to contribute efforts above and beyond in order to succeed.
• Idealize, produce and optimize museum marketing programs ultimately drawing in patrons, increasing attendance, and helping to fuel membership offerings.
• Manage to an extraordinary level of detail the marketing partnerships created by and with the CMO for the museum. The successful management of these programs will result in partners returning to the museum for continued collaboration.
• Work closely with the Digital Content Manager to incorporate digital components to new and existing marketing initiatives furthering the Petersen’s growth in social media and networks, including destinations both online and in mobile apps.
• Weigh in on developing a programmatic calendar that reflects the content roadmap of the Petersen's monthly offerings, and work with events staff to assist in producing such museum events.
• Refine content in email marketing, monthly calendar, website and Petersen publications such that it is suitable for the Petersen audience. Must be able to understand and articulate “The Petersen Voice.”
• Stage content for review and coordinate the review process as needed with the CMO, museum partners and potential legal entities to meet all requirements.
• Strategically and regularly work with Digital Manager and other marketing staff to publish content and utilize tools of the online trade to push viewers to Petersen content.
• Define and track metrics to support understanding of progress, using appropriate analytics tools, both inside the museum and on our website.
• Monitor content on all applicable sites and apps to ensure it remains accurate, current, compliant and reflective of the Petersen brand. Work with staff to edit and delete content as needed.
• Expertise in traditional and partnership marketing required.
• Content marketing strategy necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications.
• Demonstrated understanding of how to accomplish marketing without having access to a corporate marketing budget.
• 5+ years of experience working in marketing and partnerships required.
• Knowledgeable of web, website production and social analytics tools is a plus.
• Exceptional written, oral and visual communications skills.
• Full knowledge of MSFT Office, including the ability to generate well-thought out marketing decks, presentations and pitches.
• Auto enthusiast and/or collector.
• Attention to detail, attention to detail, attention to detail.
About The Petersen:
If there is one thing that we all have in common, especially in Southern California, it’s the automobile. To some the automobile is an appliance, but to us it is a passion. The Petersen Automotive Museum has been celebrating this passion since 1994 on the corner of Fairfax Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard, the third most travelled intersection in the city of Los Angeles. It anchors one end of the famed "Miracle Mile" and considered the west entrance to Museum Row. With recent changes and additions in executive board and leadership, the Petersen is in its most exciting time ever, gearing up for massive exterior and interior changes, ultimately resulting in a world-class museum slated for 2015.
Please apply by email ONLY at: Jobs@petersen.org Please include salary history and/or expectations upon application.