Thank you for your interest in working at the Petersen Automotive Museum. Resumes can be delivered to the Museum one of three ways:
To submit your resume for consideration, email email@example.com. Do not call or email museum staff directly, non-compliance will result in your resume being disregarded.
Petersen Automotive Museum
Attn: Human Resources
6060 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
If you are a student interested in volunteer internships, please go to our volunteer page for more information.
The Petersen Automotive Museum is in its most exciting time in its brief 20-year history. Major plans to renovate the museum are under way with a spectacular vision and new architecture for 2015. In an effort to capitalize on the wave of membership opportunity that will come with a new museum, the Petersen is seeking a Director of Museum Membership. The Director will manage and grow donors and will be directly responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of Members at all levels. The Director will report into the Chief Marketing Officer and work in close collaboration with Marketing, Events, Education, the Museum Store, and other groups to promote membership throughout the Museum.
This position requires five to seven years of experience working with membership sales and marketing, preferably in an organization with similar membership goals and objectives. Must have proven development/fundraising experience in the non-profit field, preferably in the arts; with 5 or more years of direct experience in building and maintaining a membership program. He/She must have the ability to create and ground relationships with donors and prospective donors at the elite levels of membership. The successful candidate will have superior written and oral communication skills, ability to write and speak in clear and compelling ways and to articulate the goals, mission and value of the Petersen. He/She has experience writing and proofreading persuasive direct mail copy. He/she will possess the ability to guide, teach and mentor staff members in the conceptual aspects of membership programs. He/she will have excellent project management skills and familiarity with databases systems, spreadsheets and web applications. The ability to build positive working relationships cross-departmentally is required. He/she must be willing to help others succeed. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications or related field.
1. Develop an entirely new membership program at multiple levels to coincide with the launch of the new museum, including a year-round membership plan that incorporates advertising, promotions, acquisitions, renewals, online and onsite sales for all segments of the membership audience.
2. Lead the implementation of the membership strategic plan to ensure achievement of annual growth in both revenue and number of member households
3. Maintain accurate membership records and databases. Monitor, report, and interpret membership sales and attendance on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, and communicate to appropriate staff; take necessary actions when sales or attendance projections decrease or increase unexpectedly
4. Oversee the implementation of partnerships and promotions that extend membership presence and visibility in the community which result in growth of the program
5. Oversee the development of all membership collateral, including the Petersen Quarterly, the Finish Line, e-communications, and marketing materials and spearhead the development of content for these communication tools
6. In collaboration with internal teams, manage membership drives at all events and proactively address customer service issues.
7. Develop an annual membership operating budget. Track ongoing membership expenditures and revenue, taking immediate corrective action when necessary
8. Develop and deliver regular membership incentive programs for frontline staff at the Admissions desk. Work with supervisors at Admissions and the Museum Store to develop and identify appropriate offerings which help to support and improve sales skills, customer service skills and other relevant competencies
9. Supervise two full-time Membership Services Coordinators.