1929 Ford NiEkamp Roadster
The Vault presented by Hagerty®
1950 AMBR Winner
This hot rod was the first-ever winner of the “America’s Most Beautiful Roadster” trophy at the Oakland Roadster Show in 1950. Constructed by Bill Niekamp in 1949, it used parts from many different cars. Components include a 1927 Essex frame, a modified 1942 Mercury V-8 engine, a 1939 Ford rear axle, and 1949 Plymouth tail lamps. The belly pan, hood panels and nose piece were hand-fabricated in aluminum. Although intended for street use, performance modifications on this car enabled it to achieve a top speed of 142.40 miles per hour at El Mirage dry lake in July 1952.
The Margie and Robert E. Petersen Collection
Image by: Jacob Nuibe Photography