1951 ford country squire
Third Floor - History
While similar to those built during the previous two years, the 1951 Ford station wagon was the first to bear the Country Squire name and the last to use wood as a structural part of the body. Realizing that the market for vehicles constructed with genuine wood had virtually disappeared, Ford closed its in-house wood body construction facility at Iron Mountain in 1950, relying instead on Ionia, an outside supplier, to build bodies for its 1951 models.
COLLECTION OF THE PETERSEN AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM
GIFT OF THE MARGIE AND ROBERT E. PETERSEN FOUNDATION