1956 Watson-debisschop “how special”
Second Floor- Industry
Builder: A.J Watson
In 1956, A.J. Watson built a brand new chassis and, with the help of racing mechanic Bob DeBisschop, constructed the “HOW Special” for dirt champ racing. The car’s name derived from the last names of the owners: Mari Hulman, Judge George Ober and Roger Wolcott, who all hailed from Indiana but turned to the Southern California-based Watson to prepare their new race car. Powered by a 252 cubic inch Offenhauser, the HOW Special competed in over 58 races from 1956 through 1961, winning a championship and achieving top ten -10 finishes.
Collection of the Thomas E. & Sharon J. Malloy Foundation, Inc.