employment at the Petersen
Welcome to the employment page of the Petersen Automotive Museum. To see a brief description of the position that interests you, select the position title. Human Resources will review each applicant’s qualifications for compatibility with available openings. Should a potential fit exist, Human Resources will contact the applicant directly.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Petersen Automotive Museum to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please include a copy of the Employment Application Form in your email when applying to open position.
Full Time, Non-exempt
· Manage the Executive Director’s busy schedule to support efficient workflow and maximize organizational priorities while anticipating steps ahead.
· Support the Executive Director’s daily administrative needs, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; creating expense reports; making travel arrangements; developing and tracking travel itineraries; compiling documents for external meetings; organizing and maintaining files; scanning and copying documents; preparing agendas and minutes for meetings.
· Compose business correspondence and internal memos as directed.
· Manage information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders.
· Work with other departments to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the Executive Director is engaged throughout the organization.
· Implement and coordinate special projects assigned by the Executive Director and Executive Team.
· Plan, organize, and manage logistics for special events, board meetings, and other external and internal meetings, such as focus groups at schools, speaking engagements, etc.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; especially astute listener who picks up subtle cues that others may miss.
· Ability to be diplomatic, firm, gentle, or even assertive when necessary, as may be appropriate to the situation.
· Sensitive to the need for discretion and confidentiality related to Executive Director’s work.
· Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships in a multi-layered organization with a variety of stakeholders.
· Strong project management skills, including goal-setting, and project and event planning.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications.
· Available on occasion for additional hours outside regular schedule.
· Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions, while managing tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
· Access to personal transportation strongly preferred.
401k, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
College degree preferred and a minimum of five years’ relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and the employment application form. Any applications that do not have a cover letter will not be considered for the position.