employment at the Petersen
Welcome to the employment page of the Petersen Automotive Museum. To see a brief description of the position that interests you, select the position title. Human Resources will review each applicant’s qualifications for compatibility with available openings. Should a potential fit exist, Human Resources will contact the applicant directly.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Petersen Automotive Museum to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please include a copy of the Employment Application Form in your email when applying to open position.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER
Full Time, Non-exempt
The Petersen Automotive Museum has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Reporting directly to the Deputy Director, the museum is looking to hire a Business Operations Manager who is mission-focused, strategic, highly experienced, and process-minded. The Business Operations Manager must be a leader who is able to help others deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, the successful Business Operations Manager will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to their department.
Serve as the liaison for the Deputy Director and aid in the day to day management of the following departments: Retail, IT, Marketing, Group Services, Visitor Services, and Development.
Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for all departments.
Aid in the execution of capital improvement projects.
Help enforce sales infrastructures across Retail, Group Services, Visitor Services and Development.
Identify growth opportunities and priorities across all revenue generating departments.
Communicate and enforce the branded message internally and externally.
Oversee marketing schedule across multiple departments.
Increase key impact measurements across all departments.
Ensure that all programmatic partners are engaged.
Maintain a system that provides the organization with quick access to financial information and enables strategic budgeting.
Work with the Deputy Director to scope out the next level of information technology systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall.
Assist annual budget planning.
Continue implementation of systems for reporting, measurement and supporting museum’s revenue streams.
Administrative aspects including proposal preparation, credit card reporting, website editing and other assigned duties.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a business operations position.
Strong management and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google based applications.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Business Operations Manager in the subject line.
Full Time, Non-exempt
- Manage the Executive Director’s busy schedule to support efficient workflow and maximize organizational priorities while anticipating steps ahead.
- Support the Executive Director’s daily administrative needs, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; creating expense reports; making travel arrangements; developing and tracking travel itineraries; compiling documents for external meetings; organizing and maintaining files; scanning and copying documents; preparing agendas and minutes for meetings.
- Compose business correspondence and internal memos as directed.
- Manage information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Work with other departments to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the Executive Director is engaged throughout the organization.
- Implement and coordinate special projects assigned by the Executive Director and Executive Team.
- Plan, organize, and manage logistics for special events, board meetings, and other external and internal meetings, such as focus groups at schools, speaking engagements, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; especially astute listener who picks up subtle cues that others may miss.
- Ability to be diplomatic, firm, gentle, or even assertive when necessary, as may be appropriate to the situation.
- Sensitive to the need for discretion and confidentiality related to Executive Director’s work.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships in a multi-layered organization with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, including goal-setting, and project and event planning.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications.
- Available on occasion for additional hours outside regular schedule.
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions, while managing tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Access to personal transportation strongly preferred.
401k, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
College degree preferred and a minimum of five years’ relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and the employment application form. Any applications that do not have a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
The Retail Assistant is responsible ensuring that the store inventory is processed, well organized and properly stored in the stockroom. The assistant will also package, scan, and prepare orders for shipping/delivery. The assistant may need to assist at the register or on the sales floor. Experience with inventory software, databases, and point of sale systems is preferred.
- Process inventory for shipment/delivery.
- Responsible for keeping the stock area clean and well organized.
- Package and label shipments.
- Maintain log of damaged or missing inventory.
- Restock inventory for the sales floor.
- Sort and organize bulk inventory.
- Update logs and documentation for inventory processing.
- Prepare documentation and inventory for audits.
- Assist at point of sale register and respond to customer questions as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in stockroom, inventory and shipping preferred.
- Basic knowledge of USPS, FED-EX, and UPS shipping.
- Experience with inventory software, databases, and point of sale systems preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Good communication and organizational skills.